- This event has passed.
Black Bear Paddle
November 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Visit Black Bear Paddle on eventbrite to purchase tickets.
The Ocmulgee Water Trail Partnership in conjunction with the Georgia Wilderness Society is sponsoring its 6th annual paddle event on Saturday, November 4, 2023. The “Black Bear Paddle” will put-in at Dykes Landing in Cochran, Georgia and take-out at Mile Branch Landing in Hawkinsville, Georgia. This paddle is expected to take three to four hours depending upon river flow.
Registration opens at 8:00 AM at Dykes Landing in Cochran, Georgia. A shuttle (included) will depart at 9:00 AM from the take-out at Mile Branch Landing, 704 South Jackson, Street, in Hawkinsville, Georgia.
– New this year: Children 12 and under are FREE with paid adult registration (one child per paid adult ticket).
– T-shirts are included with PAID tickets. Sizes are not guaranteed for tickets purchased after October16th.
– ACA Insurance forms, and photo waivers must be completed for each paddler at registration. We will use your registration information to pre-populate these forms as much as possible.
– Remember to bring – and wear – your Personal Flotation Devices. Insurance requires that PFDs be worn.
BONUS EVENT: This year our paddle coincides with Hawkinsville’s 4th Annual Ocmulgee River Fest at Mile Branch Park which runs from noon until 7 PM. In keeping with this festival, the OWTP has decided to place THREE prize capsules (two-liter bottles) along our paddle route… like a scavenger hunt on the river! Redeem your prize capsule (one per registered paddler) at the OWTP tent for a surprise prize.
Special thanks to our sponsor, Fitzgerald Water Light & Bond Commission
and to our in-kind sponsors:
- Heartland EMS, Inc.
- Keep Warner Robins Beautiful
- Bleckley County EMA
- Frito Lay
- November 4
8:00 am - 5:00 pm